1) The border and local government areas permit systems clearly were designed without any consultation with transport workers or the transport industry more broadly. A complete shambles.
2) The TWU had to call on the NSW Government to urgently roll out rapid COVID testing and pop-up vaccine hubs for transport workers, where they work, across NSW.
3) The NSW Government telling workers that they could be locked out of work if they don’t get the vaccine, without doing anything to improve their access to vaccines.
4) The NSW Government removed workplace rapid antigen testing as a COVID-19 control measure available under the Public Health Orders. Regular PCR testing requirements for authorised workers were also axed.
5) The NSW Government refused to extend paid vaccination leave to cover bus drivers employed by private operators – not just those working for State Transit.